Saturday, June 2, 2007

I am not cold-hearted

There is only one thing that can make me cry in movies: star-crossed lovers. I'm apparently a Romeo-and-Juliet sap. I can only cry when two people are in love, and one of them dies tragically at the end. True, this is slightly different from R&J. I don't think I'd be as sad if they both died.

That's sort of horrible, isn't it?

I just can't stand the thought of being blissfully in love, then having it ripped away. Odd, since I just snort whenever I see R&J. Shakespeare makes it very clear that Romeo and Juliet have puppy love. But even West Side Story, the updated version of R&J? I'm gone. Moulin Rouge, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and a recent movie that I'm obligated not to name.

Trust me, you'll know it if you see it. Beautiful love... snatched away. I sobbed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You watched Shrek the Third, didn't you?