Friday, January 25, 2008

Arrangement

I've found a new obsession.

Arranging popular songs for a capella choir.

I'm not practiced at it, I have little to no background in music composition, and I've never been in an a capella choir. But I hope to be some day. I thought I would have to wait until next year (when I audition for the co-ed group on campus, Redefined) to start putting songs together. I told a friend that I wanted to arrange one of my favorite songs ("Trouble" by Over the Rhine), and he replied, "Do it." It hadn't really occurred to me to go ahead with this desire. But why not? Nothing's holding me back. I have a friend in the group already, so maybe I can slip her some of my stuff before I audition.

Songs on the list to be arranged:
Trouble by Over the Rhine
Hold On by KT Tunstall
Love Song by Sara Bareilles
The Devil Went Down to Georgia by Charlie Daniels Band
Queen Medley

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're auditioning for redefined? damn! in the meantime, happy arranging!