Saturday, December 26, 2009

Taking a Break

As of tonight, December 26 2009, I am taking a leave of absence from the blogosphere for an undetermined length of time. God has put it on my heart to simplify my life in terms of the amount of both media input and media output. The internet is a dangerous place to say things, partially because you don't know who's reading, but more importantly (I think) because it's a faceless medium with no consequences. By this, I mean to say that one feels liberated to say things online which one would never dream of saying in person, and is therefore unhealthy and unbalanced.

I keep this blog largely because I like having my little soapbox on the internet. While I am grateful for those of you who do read what I write, I must always be mindful of my intentions with this tool. Right now, it exists for selfish reasons. It has become an outlet for feelings and frustrations that belong in prayer alone. (You may not feel that way, but you must believe this is the reality of my internal struggle.) Also, I think blogs are best put to use when they are a medium for sharing passions, and my passion has become... parenting. Yet I find myself in the strange predicament of not actually being qualified to talk about my passion. With all these ideas, struggles, and emotions whirling around in my soul, I know that I must turn from my computer to simple pen and paper, and from the faceless internet to me-and-Jesus time.

Simply put? I'm at a huge emotional transition in my life, and the last thing I should be doing is talking about things online which I have very little business talking about. There's so much GOOD content out there, and I don't feel like I'm contributing to that. So with that, I take my leave. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but I hope God will lead me back soon. In the meantime, here are some of the blogs I idolize and love:

Soule Mama

Conversion Diary

Betty Duffy

Sorta Crunchy

Holy Experience

Ta-ta and God Bless,
Katie

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.